Toronto Karate Junior Tournaments’ General Provisions
- The tournament on site registration starts at 9:00am;
tournament starts at 10.00am sharp and continues in conformity with schedule.
- The age will be considerate as on the date of tournament.
- Parents and guardians must sign for competitors in the signature space provided on the “Tournament Application and Club Summary” form or Individual Application form (for non club’s affiliated competitor). The signature on that forms means that the signing person completely accepts all waiver and media release terms written in the form.
- NOTE: Forms must be filled out correctly, sent with all fees and received on time also for advance discounts benefit by Saturday one week before the tournament date, on site – non discounted at 9:00 am on the date of tournament.
If you send your form by Canada Post it could take around 7 business days for delivery so please scan/make photos of the completed form before sending and email us a copy at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The most preferable delivery way for the completed forms with payment is in person. Tuesday and Thursday you can do it (by appointment only) from 6:00pm-9:00pm at Northview Heights SS, GYM # 3 (550 Finch Ave West, Toronto, ON, M2R 1N6). Here you can also ask all your questions regarding the tournament rules and provisions.
Competition fees per 2 divisions:
On site fee – $55 CAD/person. Last week Regular fee with discount – $50 CAD/person (less than 1 week before the event). Advance fee (discounted) – $45 CAD/person (not later than 1 week before the event). Early Birds discounted fee – $40 CAD/person (not later than 3 weeks before the event). Personal application can be accepted on site only because parent/guardian must sign the waver at the registration desk.
Family discount for advance payment only 10%
Coaches are always Free (please pre-register on the website, officially registered coach should wear the proper attire – tracksuit).
Spectators’ admission – $5. (Children under 6 and Seniors – free)
Please notice all fees are non refundable.
Payments only accepted by:
- Money Orders,
- Certified Cheques,
- Paypal at tkjl.ca on Registration page ,
- Cash at the Venue (non discounted),
Advanced discounted cash payment: by appointment only Tuesday and Thursday 6:00pm-9:00pm at Northview Heights SS, GYM # 3 (550 Finch Ave West, Toronto, ON, M2R 1N6)
For the Kumite (sparring): mouth guards, groin protector, knuckle pads (Karate gloves) body protector, shin pads (foot protectors) are mandatory.
Mandatory body protection is required for all Kumite (sparring) competitors. If you do not have one organizers can provide an athlete with the chest protection during the current sparring bout only if available.
Helmets are not mandatory, but allowed to be used upon organizers’ approval.
Glasses are not allowed, however if necessary, only proper safety glasses with straps will be allowed.
NOTE: To be accepted without organizers’ approval all sparring equipment must be Karate Ontario, Karate Canada, Pan American Karate Federation (PKF) or World Karate Federation(WKF) approved.
All other equipment must be approved by organizers prior to the start of competition without any exception.
All coaches must be registered at organizer’s website (Free Coaches Registration) and wear proper attire (tracksuit). Only officially registered club’s coaches can initiate an appeal procedure. Maximum is one coach per each five competitors allowed. If you need more coaches to be registered please contact organizers by email at: email@example.com
We value the hardworking coaches commitment in athletes’ development and do not charge any dues from coaches. We ask only for free online registration for coaches
We really appreciate your cooperation in this matter.